Browse The General Store located in the Meadow Run Grist Mill ca. 1797
More than anything else, the mill stands as a symbol of America’s growth. Gristmills, powered by wind or water, ground grain into flour for life-sustaining bread as well as feed for animals.
Michie Tavern dismantled this 1797 mill from nearby Laurel Hill, Virginia, numbered each piece and then transported it by truck more than 50 miles so that it could be reconstructed here. The painstaking restoration required two and a half years.
Today. the Meadow Run Grist Mill houses Michie Tavern’s General Store and welcomes visitors seven days a week.
A Variety of Goods
- A great selection of Virginia wine
- Local beer and hard cider
- Old fashioned candy
- Stone ground baking mixes from Byrd Mill in Virginia
- Second floor apparel room - hats, tees, hoodies
- Virginia made soaps, lotions and candles
- A huge collection of jewelery
- Michie Tavern logo products
- Old fashioned bottle sodas - Nehi & Boylan
Our knowledgeable staff invites you to a welcoming atmosphere to browse and shop.
Whether shopping for yourself or for someone special, we know you will be delighted by the variety and quality of the products offered.
Be sure to check out our Clearance Sale
Wine Tastings at Michie Tavern's General Store
Unlike men, not all spirits were created equal