Browse The General Store located in the Meadow Run Grist Mill ca. 1797
Take home a piece of American history at Michie Tavern’s General Store. Collect a momento from your visit with a variety of items available at the General Store. Choose from local food items, local wines, beer, hard ciders, Virginia-made soaps and lotions, home decor items, apparel, jewelry and more. You can even explore the Mill Room which houses a fully functioning bull wheel while shopping.
Open Monday – Friday 10:00 – 4:00 | 10:00 – 5:00 Weekends
Locally made food and beverage items
- Wines: Barboursville, Jefferson, Gabriele Rausse, Horton, Bluestone & more
- Hard cider including Potter's Craft and Castle Hill
- Cookies from Allen's Scottish Shortbread
- Homemade pasta made by Valente
- Chocolate: James River Chocolate | Fudge: Nancy's Candy Company
- Golden Angels Apiary Honey | AR's Hot Southern Honey
- Jonno's Worchester Sauce, Bone Doctor's BBQ Sauces, Hughlicious Hot Sauces, a variety of maple syrup
- Belmont Peanuts | Peg's Salt
- Mixes: cornbread, chicken breader, fruit cobbler and many more
Our knowledgeable staff invites you to a welcoming atmosphere to browse and shop.
Whether shopping for yourself or for someone special, we know you will be delighted by the variety and quality of the products offered.
We are open every day except Christmas and New Years Day
Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Out of town friends – we are happy to ship your purchases
Shop in-person or call during business hours
Wine Tastings at Michie Tavern's General Store
Unlike men, not all spirits were created equal