Private group dinners include wedding rehearsals & receptions, special occasions, corporate events, adult and school tour groups.
The ambiance of an 18th-century inn awaits your group at Michie Tavern ca. 1784, located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
When holding a private evening event, the historic restaurant is reserved for your group exclusively. Whether your event is a rehearsal dinner, company banquet or private party, arrangements can be customized for you. Destination wedding parties, conference groups, travel, and school groups find the privacy of Michie Tavern to be a perfect venue for an evening function.
Our mission is to provide a taste of the 18th-century with southern hospitality. All groups merit special attention; experienced Tavern staff will be responsive to every need. Socials before dinner may include an open or cash bar followed by a bountiful, southern buffet in our candlelit dining rooms.
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Hickory Smoked Hand-pulled Pork Barbecue
- Virginia Country Ham with Raisin Sauce
- Marinated Virginia Baked Chicken
- “Old Bay” Basted Baked Tilapia
- Stewed Tomatoes, Black-eye Peas, Mashed Potatoes/Gravy, Cole Slaw, Hot Green Beans, Whole Baby Beets, Homemade Biscuits and Cornbread
- Hot fruit cobbler a la mode and coffee are served for dessert
- Soft drinks, apple cider, milk, freshly brewed ice tea and coffee are included with dinner
- Cash or open bar
- We provide a nice selection of wines by the glass, local beers, hard cider and old fashioned bottle sodas
- We offer fresh platters
- We can arrange for 18th-century musicians or interpreters
- Special requests will gladly be considered including dietary requests
- Wine available with dinner
- Ample parking & handicap accessible
- Audio equipment available